Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another Coolrunner promises to eat healthy

Mon AM: 5.1K Run. 6 min/K - easy as.
Tue PM: Swim Squad 1.8K. Good Session.

The run to Rhodes and back home is a nice little 5K on wooden and concrete paths. I did this slowly on Monday morning - a nice easy start to an easy week's training.

Tonight I hit the pool for squad. Another good session. I still feel as though I haven't made any progress in the last few months with my swimming - I sruggled to get through 3 * 100m @ 2:05, which I was able to do six months ago.

I have noticed that I have porked up a bit over the last couple of months. Not surprising given the cirumstances, but not desirable for setting half marathon PB's. I'm hovering around 80kg at the moment, and I should be hovering around 75. I have been making an effort to eat healthy for the past week with a view losing a few kg before Central Coast.

Well, the wheels fell off spectacularly today. One of the girls in the office had a birthday and they bought caramel mud cake. Even after I had scoffed two pieces the birthday girl was saying to me "come on Ben, you know you want to!", and I had a third.

So now, after reading Clairie's blog I am committing my attempt to be a fully hydrated 76kg by the Central Coast half to my blog. I will not impose the same sort of diet that Clairie is committing to - I don't have the will power. I am not giving up cheese or coffee - but I will moderate the former ... and ... well ... ummm ... drink the latte(r). But I will eat shitloads of salad and fruit and no desserts.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Bennyr!!! Now it is in writting and witnessed :) It is nice to hear that we all do the smae things :) I am with you I would like a pb in CC half and probably 3kgs lighter would help :) With 5 weeks to go... it doable! OOPs did I just commit :)

5:41 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Well done Benny. Like you I couldn't give up cheese or coffee; after all, life is too short :-)

Now you've got me thinking, I wonder what my fully hydrated weight is...I don't even know my current weight !

J.

8:01 am  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Clairies plan is too much of a radical change all at once ~ far better to reduce and eliminate high fat and calorie empty foods gradually rather than all cold turkey on 1 November.

Never give up the coffee. Life is too short!

I'm awed by your swimming though - my first squad on Monday, I was barely capable of 2:50/100m pace!

Hang in there!

8:56 am  
Blogger Cirque said...

Great commitment Ben. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home