Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Three Days in a Row

Mon AM: Recovery Run 6K in 36 minutes.
Tue AM: HM Pace run. 9K at 5:10 pace.

This morning was the first time in over a year that I have run on three consecutive days.

After Sunday's long run I was a little sore in the legs on Monday morning, so I referred frequently to my Garmin to make sure I kept the recovery run pace to 6:00/K. This worked, as I churned out an easy six K without a worry.

I was still a tiny bit sore this morning as I headed out for my HM pace practise run. The Garmin has a nifty feature called "Virtual Partner". I set the virtual partner up to run 9K at 5:10min/K. During the run, the Garmin displayed how far ahead or behing the Virtual Partner I was. I made a concerted effort not to let the virtual partner get more than 10m way from me at any point.

This worked a treat. I did the entire nine kilometres without getting overly tired or puffed, and I think I got a decent sense of how fast I have to run. My aim with this session going forward will be to keep pace with the Virtual Partner without referring to the Garmin so much.

I've pulled up well. Bring on Central Coast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You are going to blitz the CC Half Bennyr. I'm only sad that I won't be around to cheer you on ;-)

J.

4:57 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

Glad to see that the training is going well Ben. I'm sure you will do well at Central Coast.

8:35 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Like the man said, "It's all good!" :-)

sfG

9:14 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Virtual partner is a great little option, isn't it. I use it sometimes on my long runs just to make sure I don't lose focus and plod around the course.

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home