Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Self inflicted pash rash

Tue PM: Swim squad, 1.8K
Wed AM: Run, 9.2K in 46:45

The Macquarie dictionary has added the term pash rash for it's latest edition. This is the rash cause when being pashed by an unshaven man.

Last night I discovered that it is possible to give oneself pash rash on the shoulder simply by being unshaven at swim squad and having a poor stroke.

Last night was the first squad for the season in the outdoor 50m pool. We had a new instructor, which was good as I got a fresh perspective on my stroke - it's too short and I'm too tense when I swim.

I think it was about 1.8K. I lost count. It's a tougher session in the 50m pool, but I enjoyed it.

This morning I set off for a 9K run at HM pace (5:12). As usual, I got carried away and ended up doing 9.2K in 46:46, which is 5:05. I struggled for the last few K in both breathing and muscles, and I don't think my body would've let me do another 12K of it.

Not to worry, I've got 8 weeks to get myself up for it. Next week I'll use the virtual partner on the Garmin to keep my pace a bit more even on this session.

I've also put in an entry for the Gong bike ride. At 88K it will be my longest training ride, but it should be a bit of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

LOL - pash rash eh? I HATE it!!!

J.

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home