Thursday, October 20, 2005

1K Repeats

Wed AM: 2K Swim. Olympic Pool. Easy.
Thu AM: Speedwork. 7*1K Repeats @ 4:42 pace with 2 minute rest intervals

These 1K repeats take a little getting used to. After the first one I'm thinking "what do you need two minutes for you wussbag?", and after the second last one I'm thinking "WHAT!!! 1:45 gone already!!! Bloody Hell!".

The theory behind longer repeats is to get used to running faster for longer.

After the session I felt wasted for half the morning - the sure sign of a "proper" speedwork session.

I saw the doc yesterday. Given recent turbulence in my life we decided I'll stick with the antidepressants for another few months.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Heya Benny. Are you working from a program with those intervals ? I guess you need to find a nice 1km stretch to zip up and down. Make sure you blog more about them mate, I'm very interested. :)

9:10 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one wasted after an intervals session :-)

J.

10:38 am  
Blogger 2P said...

Hi Benny.

My first visit to your blog - looks good.

And well done on those 1k repeats.

1:06 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

7x1k repeats is pretty tough going. Well done on achieving it.

As for the changes in your life, hasten slowly as the Doc suggests. It would be good to catch up and have a ride around Homebush soon and a coffee at Gloria Jeans at the end. Email us thru CR.

TA

8:15 pm  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Have to agree with everyone else, Ben. Tough intervals, you've done good to stick with it!

You're a better man than I, Gunghadin!

Did I remember that you included a jpeg of the more detailed 'map player' view on your blog in the past? If so, how do you do this? I can save as an SVG, but am then unable to convert?

The doc's made a good call. And if it ain't broke at the moment . . .

Take care, mate!

5:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have to agree, Ben, with how quickly the interval bit passes! Great workout though!

10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home