Saturday, October 15, 2005

We Can't Help But Help

Fri AM: Speedwork, 6 * 1K Repeats
Sat AM: Bike, 39K in 1:44

I've decided to change my speedwork routine to get myself used to running harder longer. To achieve this the 400m intervals are being replaced with 1K repeats. I did six of these on Friday with a 2 minute standing recovery after each. The splits were:
4:46
4:37
4:39
4:43
4:45
4:51

Not bad. I felt a bit rough for the next few hours: the sign of a good, hard session.

I've taken off to the Central Coast for the weekend, and I decided to check the bike path at the entrance out this morning. I couldn't quite get it going on the shared pathway, so after I did a slow 12K on it I decided to work my way back to The Entrace on the road. This was much better. There were a few decent hills and some opportunities to really pick up some speed. So after the first 10K took more than 30 minutes, I was able to average about 25kph for the rest of the ride. I got back to The Entrace and then took the road out to Toukley for a bit before heading back.

Arsey moment of the day: We couldn't start my brother-in-law's car we had borrowed. Just deciding what we would do when the NRMA van pulls in to start the car 6 cars down from us. We managed to convince the nic man to give us a jump start and we were off. How good is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home