Friday, September 30, 2005

A Return to Intervals

Fri AM: 10*400m efforts with 200m jog intervals.

It feels like months since I did an interval session. There has been a good excuse for not doing them every week, but there was none this morning.

I really wasn't looking forward to it, and this apprehension seemed justified - in the middle of the second effort the thought "how the hell am I going to get through ten of these bastards" was blaring through my mind. I was quite sure I would be talking to my old friends Huey and Ralph by the end of the run.

I kept going, and happily things didn't get much worse. I just churned through the ten efforts in pretty even time:

1:47
1:49
1:51
1:51
1:49
1:46
1:48
1:46
1:51
1:47

Felt pretty good afterwards. Top session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home