Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bloody Quacks

Wed AM: Run, 11.58K in 1:09

The plan for today was for the week's long run. Being a rest week, I thought 11-12K should do it. I did a bit more exploring, going out through Rhodes, into a McMansion outbreak called Liberty Grove and a bit of a run round the grounds on Concord hospital.

I was a very slow run. It felt a little laboured for the pace, but certainly not bad.

In the evening I saw the doctor. I have diverticular disease - little pocket in the bowel that are prone to infection, and for the first time in three years I have an infection. The treatment: lots of water (check) and take it easy.

Taking it easy is a relative term.

I also asked him about a lump on my leg that he wasn't worried about ten years ago. It's grown a bit recently, so he wants it out. Day surgery, no worries. How long will I have to stop running for?

"Two weeks"

Bugger that. I think this surgeon might be booked out until after the Central Coast Half Marathon. At least that's what I'll tell my GP.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hey Ben,

I had a "lump" on my upper shin, just below the knee removed about 18 months ago. The doc said no running but I did an Orienteering race about 4 days later ;)

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home