Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Recovery From What?

Mon PM: Run, 5K in 28 min

I am a creature of habit. Monday is recovery run day, and although all I did on Sunday was a pissy 27K bike ride I decided to stick with a slow 5K run on the Monday.

I set out in the morning with the dogs, but after 400m Beth (the younger one) just stood. She wasn't running any further. I gave her 30 seconds and started again, but she wasn't having a bar of it. I took them for a walk and went to work. The day turned out to be a really horrible, stressful one at work, so I was itching to blow out the cobwebs after I got home, and I got stuck in as soon as I got home. Blissful 5K. I felt pretty good throughout and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I've identified a problem with my training - I'm going too hard on my slow days. I should've gone a whole lot slower on the run, but I just got carried away. The Garmin is helping, but I need to keep on top of it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home