Friday, November 25, 2005

I ♥ running

Fri AM: Run, 6.9K in 40:15

I've basically spent the week sleeping in and getting fat.

It was a magic run this morning. Four days off had me itching to get out, but I knew I shouldn't push myself. The smartest option was a short easy hit out, so I just ran out to Rhodes and back in very light rain. I just ran comfortably. Gee, it's fun, isn't it?

Had an interesting experience on Thursday. The doc had sent me off for a abdomino-pevlic CT scan to check what was going on in my guts. I had this on Wednesday and took the scans in to see the doc on Thursday. He took the scans out, and as he looked at them he said:

"Hmm, good...
..
..
..
Extraordinary..
..
..
..
..
Well, that all seems to be normal. You can stop taking the antibiotics"

Now, what do you think was going through my head between "Extraordinary" and "Well". I was looking at the scan thinking I might see an old running shoe, or a foetus or something equally unexpected. I still have no idea what was so extraordinary, but I'll forgive Dr Short his foibles. He's been treating me for 85% of my 33 years on the planet and he knows my medical history, which saves me 15 minutes per consultation.

My ITB feels a bit tight this evening. I'll stretch it tonight and hope it's OK for an easy 5K at half marathon pace at the Coolrunning Challenge tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

How could you listen to the Doc say "Extraordinary" and not say "WHAT, WHAT?" You have too much patience :-)

sfG

1:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home