Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Two Killer Sessions

Tues PM: Swim Squad. 2.1K of hard work.
Wed AM: 7*1K Intervals. Harder Work.

I really battled at squad. Even in the 3K warm up I wasn't feeling too great. The session looked a bit like this:

300m Warm Up
4 * 50 @ 1:05
300 easy pull bouy
100 3/4 catch up
4 * 100 @ 2:15
200 easy pull bouy
3 * 100 @ 2:05
100 warm down

The 100s @ 2:05 (this means I swim 100m, and I start the next 100 2:05 after the first one started) had me breathing like the old asthmatic donkey, for those that remember him.

I knew it had been a tough session when I got very jelly legged after getting out of the pool.

Usually I do my speedwork after a rest day, so I guess I should've expected to be a bit rough this morning, and rough I was. I also decided to start walking during the rest intervals instead of standing.

So the session was 7 * 1K efforts with 2 minute walking rest intervals. They went like this:

4:35
4:45
4:41
4:39
4:47
4:49
4:52

I struggled during the last three. I'm surprised the pace didn't drop off more, because I really felt like I slowed and I couldn't go any faster for each of the last three.

Rest day tomorrow. I'll have to go back to the doc - my stomach still feels dodgy and I've finished the course of antibiotics.

3 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

That is a huuuuuge workout Benny. I got tired just reading it ;-)

Well done mate :-)

9:52 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, swim or now swim last night, 7 x 1k reps is heaps. No wonder you felt you struggled in the last three!

Enjoy the rest day tomorrow, you sured have earned it.

3:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. I read your swim squad training with interest. I hope to be able to swim that well one day soon.

wt

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home