Monday, November 21, 2005

Time for a break

Mon AM: 6K in 36 minutes.

My insomnia has been shocking for weeks now, and last night was looking grim after two attempts to turn the lights out, so I finally took a sleeping pill.

So I was feeling rough as I always do after taking one of those things when I hit the road for an easy six K out to Rhodes. Whilst running I thought to myself:

"This is stupid. You have an infection in your bowel that isn't getting better, and every morning you get up and push your body. Take it easy, you moron."

So I will. I'm taking the rest of the week off. If I'm feeling better I'll go for a run on Friday morning. Until then I am going to vegetate.

Now, some bloggers have taken to name dropping athletes recently, so I thought I better make my own lame attempt. Here's a picture of me with two very famous long distance walkers:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It was a pretty lame name-dropping effort, wasn't it ;-)

Enjoy your rest Benny. I can highly recommend it. Hopefully you will be rested and raring to go at CC!

J.

7:53 am  
Blogger Gronk said...

Sounds like a good plan Benny. Rest up pal. :)

7:55 am  
Blogger Martin said...

Ben, sometimes the body knows best, rest up mate and come back stronger.

2:10 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

They're not atheletes - they're just pretenders ;-)

Mate a rest sounds like a great plan.

5:26 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like you need to follow my (about to be patented) sloth and indulgence training program.
Take care of you.

6:16 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I understand where you are coming from Ben. Sometimes we just have to stop even if we don't really want to. Just make sure friday isn't too early. Take care mate.

TA

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home