Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wed PM: 7K run around the bay @ 5:11.

I decided they bay run might be a nice place for a 7K run with Virgil. I started just near the 2K marker.

I set him for a 7K run @ 5:10. I got a fair bit ahead of him over the first couple of K, but I hit a big uphill which both slowed me and stuffed me.I lagged behind him for a couple of K, but caught and passed him over the last two. I had the idea of trying to do the last 2 at 10K pace, and I just about did it. The splits were:

4:56
5:06
5:17
5:16
5:28 (shite!)
4:54
4:52

One thing that is shitting me up the wall at the moment is the fact that the two different programs I use with the Garmin (Sportstracks & Training Centre) record different distances. Sportstracks said 6.92 & Training Centre said 7.012. I'll look into why this might be happening. I suspect (and hope) the Training Centre is to be trusted, but it doesn't let me enter my swims. Bastard!

2 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

This came up on a thread in CR once - but I can't remember which one.

I have a similar frustration when I do my "bush run" I run the same track each time and I end up with either 11.86km or 12.03km - I never get any other readings. I guess the G must just drop out at the same spot on some days but not others.

Good run no matter what the precise distance :-)

12:34 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Hi Benny, my Timex GPS varies all the time as well, so your not alone.

Re: CC 1/2M? I'm 50/50 to tell the truth. Between you and me, I'll probably run anyway - I can only say that here because my Physio (Larry) comments on my Blog ! ;)

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home