Thursday, November 03, 2005

Cruisin'

Thu AM: 15K Run through Homebush Bay in 1:27:07. Easy.

 

I couldn’t believe how much I was sweating when I got out of bed this morning. Obviously a combination of the lingering effects of the infection and 90% humidity.

 

With the plan for an 88K bike ride on Sunday I decided the long run needed to be earlier in the week, so today was a 15K cruise around Homebush Bay. I started by taking the Louise Sauvage pathway up to Auburn, then turned around and ran back to the Parramatta River and up the River Walk before turning around and heading for home.

 

Usually I do my long run at a constant pace, but I didn’t monitor it today, and I ended up doing a negative split on it. The 5K splits were:

 

30:15

28:26

28:26

 

I felt pretty comfortable for most of the run, but I laboured a bit at the end. I reckon I’m nowhere near the target for Central Coast at the moment, but I’ve got a month.

 

I should also mention that I intend to give my 10K PB a bit of a prod at the SMC this month. Go Girl has been challenged to take her PB below 49:30, and I reckon that would be a decent challenge for me too. Bring it on!

 

3 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Nice run Benny, you gotta love negative splits.

10:36 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Looking at those splits from your 15k you should be in for a great PB at SMC Benny. Hope you can drag GG to one as well.

10:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Homebush Bay run in 90% humidity culdn't have been easy, Ben! So a negative split deserves congratulations!

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home