Sunday, October 30, 2005

Just Unpleasant

Sun AM: 30.8K Ride. Slow, wet and unpleasant.

The intention was to get out for a 50K ride this morning. I thought I might be OK when it stopped raining briefly, so I took off with the intention of finding a nice 10-20K loop without traffic lights.

I cycled around for about 10K before it started spitting. Soon after it started pissing down (those of you familiar with The Young Ones episode "Flood" should try to create the mental image of Vivian holding a glass full of green slimey stuff and later a glass full of yellow liquid - it popped into my mind).

I continued through another 20K in this rubbish, but by that time I'd got the shits with it, so I went home, had a shower and got warm.

Now, the Bloused One has posed me a question regarding the Central Coast course: can one run beside the bike path to minimise concrete impact?

To be honest I wasn't looking for opportunities, but for much of the course it would be difficult. There are certainly some sections where there is grass next to the path, but most of it is surrounded by trees and bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home