Sunday, November 27, 2005

CR Bay Run Challenge 5K Training Run

Sat AM: 5K Run in 24:52, 5K jog back

My intention was to run the challenge in 26 minutes, i.e. 1:50 half marathon pace, but I was too busy gasbagging to Plu, so I left at 25 minutes, and decided to try for 5 minute K's.

Plu and I set off at what I thought felt a bit quicker, and it was. We did the first 1.5K at 4:45 pace. At this point I rolled my ankle and slowed to a walk for 30m to walk it out. It felt a bit better after the walk so I continued keeping 5 minute Ks in mind.

The rest of the run passed without incident. I felt like everything was in order - lungs coping, legs good. I guess I'd say back to normal - all told I reckon I'm on target for 1:50 next week, but no quicker.

Off to breakfast at the Bowan Bakery (highly recommended) to round off another really enjoyable morning.

My legs felt pretty banged up for the rest of the day. I had vague thoughts of getting out for a slow 13 today, but the thunder put me off, and given that I am still getting over the infection, today I am employing Dr Cirque's patented sloth and overindulgence training technique.

I've got competitive cricket on the telly, my guitar leaning on the couch next to me, Coolrunning on the laptop and a nice hot flat white (it's decaf, Owly). Sometimes sloth is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Yep sloth is definately good! We all work so hard we deserve a few sloth days :) I hope you enjoyed it!

8:38 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Sloth is good - looks like you earned it after that 5k time ;-)

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home