Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Like getting off at Redfern

Mon AM: Run, 10.3K in 58:54
Tues PM: Swim, 800m reasonably quick
Wed AM: 9.4K Run in 52:35

Monday was another one of those beautiful runs. I had sussed out a more scenic, slightly longer variation of my regular River Run, and I did this with an extra loop thrown in. Because I did the run at cruising pace it was comfortable and the slight rain just added to it. Just magic.

Work on Tuesday was voluminous. Not stressful, but I knew I had Buckleys of getting to the pool for squad.

I eventually got out a little after 8PM, and set my sights on a sharp 1K swim at the Olympic pool at Homebush. I swam in the competition pool (I love swimming in the actual pool), but by the time I had done 800m it was 8:45 and they were clearing the pool. It was a great swim - I swam a really solid pace for the whole distance without stopping. Had I timed it I'm sure it would've been a PB. The problem is that it was 200m short of what I wanted, which just left me ... well ... less than satisfied. A bit like getting off at Redfern.

I was up at 5:15 this morning for another planned 9K run along the river. I felt pretty crappy due to lack of sleep and the previous nights swim, but quickly warmed to the task at hand. I decided to throw in a quick kilometre for the sixth K, and this finished up being 4:50, which had me a bit puffed for the rest of the run.

Tonight I saw a physio down the road from work. The ITB has been a bit grumpy, so I just got the physio to beat it into submission for Sunday. I'd have preferred a good massage, but this was convenient, and he seemed to know what he was doing.

I am getting Big Kev excited about Sunday. I reckon the 1:50 miner train will be a hoot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Interesting post title Benny ;-)

Looking forward to Sunday - see you then!

J.

7:45 am  
Blogger 2P said...

LOL Benny - I love Redfern, I worked there for 8.5 years and still do occasionally, but I get your inference :-)

I don't swim much but I have had the pleasure of swimming in the comp pool - it is a bit special.

See you on the platform on Sunday :-)

4:48 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for Sunday Benny

10:21 pm  
Blogger silverfox said...

Benny

It was nice meeting you at smc a few sundays ago. Sorry itr has taken me so long to gwtting around to posting but look forward to having a chat on sunday. Im with you re the pools also, it is awesome to think so many of our legends swam there.

Have a great run on sunday.

9:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home