Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Fri AM: 1K Swim
Sat AM: Quarry Rd, 13K in 1:41:52

Friday morning I managed to sneak in a qick swim at the Apartment pool before work. I reckon it's about 20m long and I did 50 laps.

Saturday morning I discovered a new form of torture called trail running. The Quarry Rd track is a a 13K out and back run. This morning saw an organised attack on it by a plethora of Coolrunners. I ran with Dash_Incredible, Horrie and Belinda.

It starts with a massive downhill that has you thinking "OMG how the ^%#$% am I going to get back up this bastard at the end of the run?" After 2K down, you get a big 2K uphill. At this stage I started to walk up the steep bits. DI was good enough the gently encourage me to resume running at the top of each hill.

We hit the turnaround after 6.5 K and Spuds Esky provided some much needed water before heading back. I really struggled coming back. It was a bit hot and a lot hilly. My HR was over 90% of max whenever I could get the useless Garmin HRM function to actually pick it up.

Later in the day I was at work, which involved a lot of bending and squatting, and I ended up opening up the wound on my leg a little bit (a little bit of blood could be seen on the bandage. This pisses me off, as the last thing I need is any further complication from that stinking leg. I should've just left the bloody cyst in there.

Anyway, it's Christmas morning and my quads are still calling me rude names after yesterday. My niece is just waking up and soon the whole family, myself included, will be fawning over her (she is the first of the next generation of our family). It's a day for being around those who are important to you, which I guess is why I'm blogging this morning. I'd like to thank all of you who have given me much-needed support over an interesting year. Merry Christmas to you and your families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

And that is why I'm reading blogs today!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Benny and thank you for all your support, advice and encouragement this year.

2006 has big plans in store for both of us!

11:18 am  
Blogger R2B said...

Good on you Benny!
have a great Xmas and a happy new year!
Cheers

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home