Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Plod Around The Bay

Mon PM: Run, 7K. Slow Bay Run
Weight: 77.6
Sleep: Good

With a 7K recovery run on the program I took my gear to work and diverted to the Bay Run on my way home, taking in an easy lap with the masses. I was a bit stiff from Sunday, and I didn't feel great, but it wasn't a bad run.

The highlight was when I rounded a bend and saw Mr Wild Thing tearing around an oval, saying to myself "Ah, this must be run club." Sure enough, as I was looking for familiar faces, Wild Thing popped into view and we quickly exchanged greetings while she used my arrival as an excuse to break up a bit of speedwork. Nice to see you again, WT!

I do wish I'd finished it earlier - I missed the first 11 overs of the cricket, and that would've been fun to watch.

While my sleep has been good, the last few days have been strange in that I've been waking up very tired, and staying that way for most of the day. I initially thought it was the herbal insmnia tablets I was taking, but I stopped them, and although surprised and happy to get decent sleep, I'm still waking up tired (wasn't that a Hoodoo Gurus song?). It's a bugger.

Now, to answer a couple of questions:

My right eye has been virtually blind since birth.

The SMC is on my plans for tyhe next couple of months as 10K practise runs at HM pace, but I may not get there this weekend due to a family breakfast that is in the process of being organised.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hey Benny - thanks for continuing to post such nice comments on my blog while I was away.

Here is hoping 2006 is a cracker for you.

Cheers, 2P :-)

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home