Sunday, September 16, 2007

So, after deliberating long and hard about whether or not to taper for the half, the decision was taken out of my hands.

After my wait in the cold for rescue last weekend I developed a tickle in my throat on Monday. At first I thought it was quite minor, and continued training, but throughout the week it got progressively worse until on Friday I was sent home from work, and I saw a doctor who prescribed some precautionary antibiotics.

I've felt pretty awful all weekend. It's definitely gone into my chest, and I've been coughing up a storm and any talking I do alternates between a whisper and the "Love God". The distressing thing about it is that it has gone through the rest of the family. It freaks me out when John breathes like Darth Vader.

So the plan from here is to take it easy and not run until I feel better. Hopefully I'll get out for a jog on Tuesday, but I won't push it.

If I'm not right we will treat Sydney as a long training run, but I was really looking forwaqrd to attempting another 1:50 with Marlz & Gnome, and I reckon there's still a good chance.

Anyway, it certainly isn't all doom and gloom. Today DJ and I found and booked a place for our reception and booked a celebrant. It's about time - we've been engaged for 15 months, but in our defence we have been a little bit busy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Rest up Benny & I'll sure you'll be right to run by the weekend.

So when's the big day ?

9:37 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

"...alternates between a whisper and the 'Love God'..."

So waddaya complaining about?? :-)

Take it easy. These weeks are all about rest anyhow. See you Sunday.

Gnome

10:40 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Enjoy your taper mate. The 1:50 is in the bag now that nasty hill is out of the equation. I'll hopefully see you along the way - as long as I'm not too pooped after my 4km race. ;-]

7:27 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Could be a blessing in disguise.

Take care. Looking forward to cheering you on as you zip past First Fleet Park!

10:51 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

As long as you're not whispering to Gnomey to slow down. You'll be finished before I start, so have a good race Benny. Stick with the 1.50 balloons and see how you go.

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home