Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Another 2 workout day

Started the day early, walking the dogs at 5:30 . I usually do this every day, most of the time with Fiona, as was the case today.

I followed the walk with a 20K, 54 minute bike ride. I kept pushing myself too hard throughout the rideand spent most of it with a heartrate around 145. The hills are still getting easier with each ride, which makes me feel good.

The sports doc had said that running faster shouldn't cause any further aggravation, so I had planned to jump straight on the treadmill after the ride and knock out 2K at 6min/k pace. My previous run was at my slowest training pace, 7 min/k.

Unfortunately, I decided to have a quick look at Seek before I jumped on the treadmill. By the time I stood up again, the knee was feeling decidely ordinary. I jumped on the treadmill anyway, but after 2 minutes I gave up rather than risk something awful.

I spent a couple of hours on my feet in the early afternoon, after which the knee was feeling much better, so I jumped on the treadmill and did the aforementioned 2K with only minor discomfort. This workout got my heartrate up to 151, which proves to me that I have some way to go to get back to full fitness.

Another positive worth mentioning is that my weight, which I have struggled with for 14 years is as low as it has been since I went on the medication that started my weight problems all that time ago. I am hovering around 77.5-78 Kg (I'm 173cm tall)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home