Monday, December 06, 2004

Swimming 101

Today has been a good day.

Kevin Boundy (sports doctor) rang me in the morning and I gave him the rundown on how my knee had been over the week. He asked me to come back in on Friday and told me that I could run as long as I wasn't aggravating things too much, but he'd like me to aggravate it before I go in on Friday. I think a nice hill run followed by the drive over to Penrith will do the trick nicely (now that's something to look forward to!)

Later in the day I went to a swimming squad at the gym pool. The squad numbered three, and the other two were a similar level to each other and far more advanced than I. I was lucky that I was able to get some individual attention in the sqaud, and I felt that I have made some improvement with my stroke. The teacher (a bloke called Ben) got me wearing flippers to help me concentrate on my stroke rather than staying afloat, which seemed to work well, so I'll stick with that for a little while.

There has been a small amount of movement on the job front. I'll be talking to an agency on Thursday that seems keen to talk to me, so hopefully something can come out of that. (and then I'll buy the Polar 625x I've been salivating over!)

The knee has been very good today - a combination of staying on my feet deliberately and general improvement I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home