Friday, December 10, 2004

The mystery of the atypical dodgy knee

Thursday 9/12

Looking for a soft day today, so I kept to a 12.9K bike ride in the morning. Went out a little hard. My knee felt bad all day.

Friday 10/12

The day started with a 1K swim in the 25m pool. Again, this was interval style - 50m of swimming, concentrating on my stroke, 45 second rest. While I was there I met a bloke called Brett who was getting his life back together after beating leukemia. The positive attitude emanating from this guy was enough to brighten my day.

I had an appointment to see the sports doctor late in the afternoon. He wanted my knee to be sore when he saw me, so I went for a 15 minute run around some hilly bits of Windsor before I left. I had the pleasure of meeting Coolrunner Luckylegs over the phone as I tried to help her sort out her blog during the run.

The knee wasn't feeling too sore by the time I got to the surgery, but the three flights of stairs sorted that out. He poked and prodded it for about 20 minutes, he called it an atypical injury, and in the end he gave me a shot of cortisone and asked me to call him on Monday after I go for a run, and we will take it from there. I was tempted to start whinging about how long it is taking to sort this knee out, but that would be so wrong after the conversation I had with Brett this morning.

Tomorrow is a rest day. By the looks of the weather I won't be in the garden or finishing painting the shed. So in other words - a proper rest day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home