Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Short Swim - Painful knee

My knee is causing me grief today. I could feel that things were not as good as they had been when I got up this morning, and things were pretty bad by the time we'd finished walking the dogs.

I was still feeling a bit stiff in the shoulders from Mondays swim when I got to the pool this morning, so I decided on a very soft swimming session, just 750m in the 25m pool. I started with flippers so that I could concentrate on my stroke, but I took them off halfway through as I felt they were aggravating the knee.

As I said, I have had stroke correction lessons before, and I am having the same problem now as I had then: when I correct my stroke, my stamina goes out the window, and I can only swim 100m before I need a breather. Obviously, I need to stick with it and the stamina will come with a correct stroke. Last time I think I sacrificed the stroke for a lazy stroke that I could keep up for over 1Km. This is better for writing in a training diary, but lousy for my swimming, so for the moment I'll stick with "interval" swim training when I'm not in the squad.

I've been feeling a bit fatigued over the last few days. I'm considering using next week as a rest week, cutting back on all sessions. I'll see how I feel on Sunday after my rest day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home