Tuesday, January 04, 2005

That rotten stinking knee!

OK, day by day it's like this:

Sunday, Jan 2

The plan for today was 25 minutes of tempo, trying my best to keep good form. I went to the oval of questionable circumference and ran around it eleven times, getting the HR up to 170. My knee felt a little twingy on the second last lap, so I concentrated on good form in the last lap and didn't feel a thing.

So ends my rest week. Back into my nine session weeks tomorrow.

Monday, Jan 3

Started the day with a 110 minute bike ride. The course was a hilly bastard, and I just rode out for 55 minutes and turned around and came back. I ended up on 112 minutes, so I slowed down a bit.

Halfway through, turning around, I felt my knee go on the wrong angle, and then pain shot through the knee. The problem was I was 22.5K from home, so I still had to ride home.

It was a little bit different from the pain that I have had in the past - it was a little bit lower and in the back of the knee. The knee felt dodgy for the rest of the day - not in pain, just a bit twingy. There was also some twinges in the quads as well.

I went for a swim late in the day. It was an utter turd of a swim - one lap lane open, four swimmers in it with one lady and her small daughter in there as well and kids swimming across and in front of me all the time. I felt like crap for the entire swim. I only did 700m, taking long breaks after each 100m. I don't know if it was the ride that took it out of me or what, but the swimming was just bloody hard.

Tuesday, Jan 4

Speedwork. I was unsure about whether I should be running today, but I felt OK when I got up this morning, so I went up to the oval of questionable circumference - I think it is about 400m. I started with a walking warm-up, and then I started into 3 laps with 90 second rests between. I did these laps at 1:45, 1:46 and 1:45. I felt shattered after this, so I took a 2 minute break, but after 100m on the fourth lap the knee felt a twinge, so I turned in at that stage. I'll stretch like a mad bastard for the next day and try a 4K run on the treadmill tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry you're having knee problems again, Ben; hope things improve quickly for you...all the best!

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home