Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

I am a bad insomniac, so while everyone is still in bed, at 6:30 I got too bored and decided to blog it up.

I've felt a bit tired over the last few days, so next week will definitely be a rest week, the plan being to do only six shorter sessions.

Thursday 23rd December

This was a funny old day. I felt like utter crap in the morning, and the weather seemed to be closing in. I had also committed to doing a big day of mowing, rubbish removal etc. I decided not to go for my long bike ride, but to start my work.

Having completed said work at 5:30PM, i.e. doing physical work all day, I felt much better than I did in the morning. I grabbed the mountain bike (the road bike having given me some nasty chaffing last time I used it) and hit the road for 110 minutes. It felt great. I took a few extras (like the country lanes) off last weeks long course and added a 12K loop to the course, which brought it to 39K. During the last 12K the predicted lightning and thunder started, when I was out in the middle of the turf farms. I think I sped up a bit at this stage, but I got home before it started to piss down.

Friday 24th December

Again, I felt crappy when I got up this morning, but I had a fair idea that there was no chance of a session in the afternoon, so I went straight to the pool and went for a very slow 20 laps of the 50m pool, all with flippers and breaking every 100m. I wanted to grab 36 minutes on the bike in the afternoon, but as predicted, this didn't eventuate. I did, however, weigh in at 76.2Kg. Even during marathon training I was finding it hard to get below 80, so this is very good.

Saturday 25th December

Today is a scheduled rest day, in which I plan to undo much of the good weight loss I have just written about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home