Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My knee sux

OK, I know you're over my whinging about my knee. I'm not.

I went out for my hilly widweek ride this morning, and for virtually the entire ride my knee was is pretty bad pain. It was a pain like it was wrenched, sore at the bottom of the knee. This is quit unlike yesterdays pain, which was on the outside of the kneecap. The ride was 32K, 84 minutes and not much fun. Apart from the knee, the ride was actually pretty good. I'm getting stronger on the bike.

I am developing a terrifying habit of using my front brake to slow myself down. I must break this habit or I will break some bones. I've done the "over the handlebars thing before. I have no desire to do it again.

I rang the physio, and his response was "rest the knee for 48 hours". No problems. Tomorrow was a swim and an afternoon tempo run, which I will shift to the following morning - a planned rest day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Ben, not more knee trouble! I'll get out my magic spells tomorrow & see if I have one for you! LL

11:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home