Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Back to reality after an awesome weekend

Well, that ended up being an awesome weekend.

My dad shouted me over to the Hong Kong Sevens for the weekend. I got over there on Friday afternoon, and I went out with my Dad, my uncle Steve, everyones Uncle Bill (a good family friend from Hong Kong) and a few other mates. Had a really nice dinner that unfortunately did not agree with me, as I spent a sleepless night vomiting. I was feeling pretty ordinary on Saturday, so I stayed in the hotel and watched the Sevens on TV, not even feeling up to a walk around the hotel until late afternoon.

The following morning I felt much better, so off the the Sevens for the Sunday. An excellent day, Uncle Bill's real nephew Ricky scored a try for Hong Kong, Fiji won the competition, with their 38 year old captain Serevi (absolute legend) winning player of the tourmnament. Had a great day.

When I got back to the hotel at 10:30 I even felt good eneough for a run, so I headed out across the road from the Grand Stanford and ran along the harbour (cheers Greenie). It's been so long since I went for a "real" run - no treadmills, no ovals. I'd almost forgotten just how bloody wonderful it is. My knee felt fine, I ran about 8K in 48 minutes and loved every second of it. I ran over a few overpasses, so I even tried some hills (haven't done that in months) and the knee didn't falter. I felt very weak afterwards, but the run was just beautiful.

I caught the day flight home yesterday, and if I needed a reminder that it was back to reality, I got it during the 45 minute wait at 11:00 last night at Blacktown station getting home from the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home