Monday, March 14, 2005

Hard 'n' Fast

Sunday night on the treadmill I ended up doing 5K at 10kph on a 2% incline. I used the incline to test the knee out a bit, and it passed the test with flying colours. It's amazing the difference that 2% makes. After 5K my HR was hovering around 170 (90%) and my shoes were squealching with sweat.

This afternoon was a killer swim squad. It was only 1700m, but consisted:

400m warmup
4 * 100m hard efforts, 1 minute rest.
100m slow
200m time trial (4:11)
8 * 50m sprints, 1 minute rest
200m cooldown

By the end of it I was spent.

The Voltaren is knocking me around a bit, making me feel listless and tired. I'm waiting for the sports physician to get back to me about trying Celebrex, but this has had the same effect in the past. It's really diminishing my motivation to train, which is a shame, because of the positive affect on my capacity to train. Blogging helps - you want to have something to write about. Reading blogs helps too - you can't help but get inspired by the Six Footers blogs at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home