Thursday, March 17, 2005

Luke, I am your father

Swim Squad this morning. The problem with the Thursday squad is that it is not triathlon specific, so I find myself doing a bunch of strokes I wont be using, and am utterly useless at.Todays format was:

50m free, 50 back x 3
25 butterfly, 25 back, 25 breast, 25 free * 4
50m drill, 50m free * 5
100m breaststroke kick (at which I am as useful as breasts on a bull)
300m backstroke warmdown

During the drill/free combos I really struggled, and I sounded much like a quick breathing Darth Vader after each one. One of the other squad members actually asked if I was asthmatic (I'm not).

Anyway, 1600m of swimming, and this afternoon I have just got off the treadmill, where I did a cruisey 7K listening to the MP3 player. The mind was really beginning to wander at around 6.3K, so I needed the MP3 player to give me a "sing out loud" song to bring me home. It obliged with "Throw Your Arms Around Me", so I pretended I was pissed and at a party and someone had dragged out their guitar. Excellent way to round things off.

Going away for a weekend of male bonding and footy watching with my dad and uncle this weekend. I'm hoping for the opportunity to train a bit, but we will have to see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, you jammy bugger. Very jealous you are off to the HK 7's this weekend. Say hello to Uncle Bill for me, and all the lovely Heinekin beer girls who walk around the stadium with 2 litre jugs at the ready !!

Training wise...I can recommend the treadmill in the gym at the Grand Stamford ( assuming that's where you are staying ) or from the hotel is 50m across a pedestrian overpass to the Harbour boardwalk and you can run down to the Star Ferry pier and back ( about 3k in total )...always windy but running with the HK city skyline and the mountains behind, looking out across the harbour is pretty damn impressive..

Have a good one...
Greenie

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home