Sunday, March 06, 2005

The complete opposite run

On Friday I went for a 6K 10kph run on the treadmill that was really hard slog, but the knee performed admirably.

Today's treadmill run, same speed & distance, was the complete opposite. The highest my heartrate got to was 152 (quite comfortable) and I just seemed to cruise except for one thing - that damn left knee niggled for the full run and just started out and out hurting when I started to warm down. It was actually fairly sore after the ride yesterday, but it had settled down by this morning, and I thought I might be OK.

This will no doubt continue the seemingly endless cycle of painful release of ITB - knee feels good - go for run, feels OK - go for run, feels awful - painful release of ITB. Physio tomorrow, but I have an appointment with the sports physician on Tuesday, where I will ask whether an extended break from running will help. As much as I can't stand the thought of it, the cycle must be broken.

1 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

Good luck with the visit to the Sports Physician on Tuesday Ben. It will be very worthwhile to get an expert opinion on it all. You are so gutsy going through all that pain to run. But I agree, it has to end somewhere. Hope you get some answers!

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home