Thursday, March 31, 2005

Big Day

I had some casual work today, so I got up to the pool at 7AM for an hour of swimming before work. The outdoor pool was closed, so the swim was indoors (25m pool). After 200m of warming up, my usual squad coach Louise, who was coaching kids in the next lane noticed me, and said "what are you doing over there, get in this lane!". So I paid my money, and jumped in with the kids. I felt a bit gipped when the squad finished fifteen minutes later, but Louuise stuck around, and what I got was a tough 2K squad swim. Louise laughed at me when I got out because I could hardly walk.

The work today was physical, I'm helping with an office move, relocating computers in Silverwater. Traffic was hell getting home, and when I did I got striaght into my running gear and pumped out a slow 6K. It took 38 minutes which means either the course is longer than I measured or I ran very slow.

I walked the dogs an hour after the run, and that's when the knee really started hurting. It was fine during the run, but the walking gave me bad patella femeral pain. I will put the heel raises I am using in my running shoes into my walking boots and use my knee brace on walks and see how that goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your knee doesn't start to 'act up' again, Bennyr. Do be careful now, rather than later!

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home