Friday, March 25, 2005

Thrills and spills

Being a clumsy and uncoordinated bloke with poor balance, I knew that cycling was going to lead to a fall. I rode on my own today, doing the standard 50K tri club Saturday loop. I took it very easy after my big day yesterday, keeping my HR in the low 140s. I had a fair amount of pain at the bottom of my dodgy knee, which is a concern. I've got a physio appointment on Tuesday, so we will see what happens then.

I came off the bike twice. No real injuries - grazed knee and blood blister of hand. The first fall came from trying to put the drink bottle back in the holder and the second one came avoiding a pothole. I feel like a dork.

Finished the 50K in 2:09. Like I said, very easy, but I have felt very drained for the rest of the day. I have slept for the last 2 nights, so it isn't that. I hope I'm right for tomorrow - I'd like to take a few seconds off my 5K PB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home