Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Don't spin into the wind

Wednesday is bike day. That's the routine.

Hard slog. It was blowing a bloody gale out there this afternoon, but since it wasn't raining, off I went. I felt like I was fighting nature for the entire 30K loop (an extended Richmond and back course). I ran a HR of high 140's for pretty much the entire time.

I'm getting my cadence up much higher now, but short of buying a shit-hot bike computer I don't know how to judge whether I'm spinning enough. Any suggestions gratefully accepted, I'm considering going to the gym, and just getting a feel for 90 rpm. Thoughts from any triathletes?

My knee has been niggling all day, which worries me, but the sports physician has just changed me to Voltaren gel and icing 4 times a day, so I will see how that goes before I start seeking further help.

I haven't mentioned my insomnia for a while, but it appears to be getting worse. I haven't really had any sleep for a week, and I've cut back my coffee intake and tried sleeping tablets. I guess it's getting to the stage where it's a little bit more than just annoying. The good news is I'm getting pretty tired right now - hope springs eternal!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Voltaren is good stuff!

11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home