Monday, March 28, 2005

Awesome weekend - Awesome workout

On my rest day (Sunday) I performed the Master of Ceremonies role with my brother at my sister's wedding. It was the perfect wedding - a very happy day with nearly all the family (uncles, aunties, cousins) in attendance. I caught up with a few I haven't spoken to in ages. The band was fantastic covers band, so there was some excellent alcohol fueled dancing.

The wedding was on the Central Coast, and we stayed at Forresters Beach, so in the morning I drove to Wamberal, parked the car, Ran about 2.5K to Terrigal Beach, had a 15 minute open water swim, and ran back to the car. Being a Westie a swim at the beach is a real treat. The knee felt great, even though I was in the 2090s (my older shoes.) I was feeling pretty rusty in the morning, but that workout just set me up for the day. I went to a BBQ later for more catching up with family, which was great.

And to top it all off, there was very little traffic on the F3 coming back to Sydney from the Central Coast.

Top weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice run, but some bad head winds from Wambie to Terrigal, they've almost blown me away a few times before.

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home