Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Half Arsed Swim Squad

My ITB fely extremely tight yesterday and I was getting a bit of pain in the knee. I suspected this would happen after Sunday, so no surrprises there. I won't be running until I've seen the physio on Wednesday.

I fronted up for swim squad last night not really wanting to be there and still feeling a bit sore after the tri, and I was the only one to turn up. Ben (swim squad instructor) and I gasbagged for most of the time, but I did get through 1.3K of swimming. The hard bit of it was 3 sets of 200m, where the first 50 I breathed every 3 strokes (my normal pattern), the next 100 I breathed every 4 strokes, and the last 50 I breathed every 5 strokes. Real lung busters, those ones.

I'll see how I feel this arvo before I decide whether to ride. I feel lousy this morning, and a rest day might be in order.

I'm a bit worried about where to go to with my training now, I've done the triathlon, and the plan after that was to focus on my 10K, but the ITB looks like stuffing this idea up. I might put a bit more effort into the swim and try to get myself up to an Olympic distance triathlon, but I will just take it easy this week (it's been a while since I did that) and work on a new program after I've seen the sports physician.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home