Friday, February 25, 2005

A complete and utter turd of a day

I don't like to sound like a whinger, but today has not been good.

The night was another nil sleep one. I still haven't had a decent sleep in the last month, but most nights I manage a few hours. I'm seriously thinking of going to the doctor about the insomnia, but I've done that before and the chemical solution (sleeping pills) is mostly worse than not sleeping.

I decided against running at 7:00 this morning with the humidity at 99% and the dew thick on the oval I wanted to run on, so I got up there at 11AM. The plan was the same as last weeks run: 5 laps, stretch ITB, 5 laps in the opposite direction. The first five laps (anti-clockwise) went OK - a little niggle, not bad. 100m into the first clockwise lap and the knee was in agony - shooting pains on the outside of the kneecap. I pulled the pin and hobbled home.

When I got home there was a message on my phone telling me that I didn't get the job I went for yesterday.

I then stretched, iced and called the physio. He got me straight up to see him and set to work on a very painful release of the ITB and quads. He made an appointment for me to see the sports physician which he will be available for via phone. This is on March 8.

He said I am to use my own judgement on whether to compete in the triathlon on Sunday. I will definitely do the swim and bike legs, but I am only going to make the call on whether I run after I have done the first two legs, and trust me - I will not be taking risks.

So after all of that I felt like comfort food. I drove straight to the gelato shop on the main street of Penrith and indulged.

Tomorrow is a rest day, not that I need it after 2.1K of running today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home