Wednesday, February 16, 2005

This ride is gonna kill me

I rode the hilly 32K course I have been doing every week again this afternoon. It was a good ride, but having finally fixed my bike computer, I'm a bit worried by how slow I do the uphills. I get down to 15kph quite regularly.

The knee pain that has dogged my recent rides was not an issue today - I felt a bit tight in the lft quad, but that's about it.

I don't think I'll keep doing this course in the afternoon - a couple of times I just felt myself a bit too close to the passing cars on narrow roads. I bumped into another bloke from the tri club in the last kilometre of the ride and had a chat with him, and he avoids that area for safety concerns in the afternoons. Since I have a dodgy right eye and I'm less stable on the bike than most I reckon I am in no position to be taking risks. I'll find a new course for next weeks midweek ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For heaven's sake, Bennyr, please don't run risks on the road! There! I sound like a cranky old grannie! LL

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home