Saturday, February 19, 2005

Pulled the Pin

Saturday morning is tri club ride morning. Only two of us turned up to ride in the early, slow group, so we combined with the later faster group. I knew I was going to blow up after 10K, the pace was just a bit faster than I am comfortable with, and my heartrate was up around 150-155, which is too high for riding for me.

A couple of the blokes stayed back with me at various times, but at 35K, when Bernie's wife drove up (she was acting as his support crew), I asked if I could throw the bike in the back and get a lift to the coffee shop. I may have been able to struggle through, but I wanted to have something left in the tank for tomorrow, and I didn't think there was anything to be gained by riding too hard - it is a training ride.

It's hot outside, the cricket is on the telly and the lounge beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home