Sunday, February 20, 2005

SMC 5K - The perfect sporting weekend.

After Saturday's ride I sat down in front of the telly at midday to watch the cricket, a hard fought win to the Aussies, then I watched my beloved South Sydney Rabbitohs smash the St George Dragons in the Charity Shield, meanwhile my beloved St Kilda Saints were beating the Hawks.

So how do you top off a string of wins like that? With a PB, of course. My aim in the SMC 5K race on Sunday was to go sub 25. I knew I was a good chance of pissing it in when I reached the 2.5K turnaround in 12:02, but I did slow down a fair bit from there to come home in 24:47. I guess I went out too hard, but I'm not worried about it.

Confession time: I didn't stretch properly after the race, and boy do I regret it now. My knee isn't hurting, but I can feel that my ITB is just too damn tight. I will be punished by the physio tomorrow.

I'm sort of hoping not to be bothering too much with my 5K PB for a while now. If I can lift my maximum run to 10K before the next SMC it will be time to obliterate that piece of PB embarassment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Mean the North Sydney Rabbitohs or the South Sydney Bears

12:54 am  
Blogger Horrie said...

Congratulations on the PB Ben. You are going ahead in leaps and bounds. Just be careful to keep the stretching regime going as we want you to continue enjoying your running. Good luck for when you step up to the 10km and the quest to smash that PB.

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home