Thursday, February 24, 2005

Open water training

I had a job interview at Brookvale this morning, so swim squad was not an option, but when the interview ended at 10:30 I drove straight to Curl Curl beach and swam 24 laps of the pool there. It was great to get some swim practise in the (sort of) open water - no black line to guide me and very, very choppy. I've got a lot more confidence for the swim leg of Sunday's tri now.

Those with a keen eye may have spotted my potential problem. Living in Windsor and working in Brookvale (a 2 hour drive away) is not exactly conducive to training.

The job, needles to say, would suit my perfectly. If it didn't I wouldn't consider it. At the moment I am considering my options should I get the job. Moving is not out of the question, but having recently renovated and turned our cute cottage into our perfect home, it is an ugly option. Anyway, this is beginning to sound suspiciously like chicken counting, so I shall desist immediately. Stay tuned for further updates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks for the tip re the tri website - I'll check it out - I'm like a big sponge at the moment, collecting all the useful info I can!

Any other top tips?

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Hours!!!!! Have a sook mate, I do two hours for breakast (hmm that may be a bit too literal).

11:49 pm  
Blogger Bennyr said...

OK Omni, fair call. Still, it's no picnic.

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home