Saturday, May 21, 2005

Hawkesbury Tri Club Head for the Hills

Bike: 36K in 1:21 Avge Speed 26.4

Geez it was cold this morning. I didn't have any suitable cold weather gear, so I turned up in my t-shirt and shorts at 7AM (5 degrees). As a group we decided to do a different loop - shorter and hillier. Out through Wilberforce, to Freemans Reach and accross to North Richmond back to Windsor. I'd done a variant of this ride before as my midweek ride, but I'd never attempted the hill we climbed today. I wish I'd worn my HRM, because this bastard had me panting like last weeks' 10K. I was very glad that one of the other riders, Tanya, stayed with me. It was still cold at the end, so I went and bought arm warmers this afternoon.

I felt a bit washed out this afternoon. I didn't know whether it was the ride or caffiene withdrawal, I suspect a bit of both. I still didn't sleep last night, so I might use a sleeping pill tonight. The Souths game screens at 9:20 tonight, and if they play like they played last week I'll have nightmares anyway. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home