Monday, May 16, 2005

Tumble Turns

AM: Run, 7K, no watch
PM: Swim, 1000m in 30 minutes

The morning run was my standard recovery run: 3.5K with the dogs, another 3.5 without them. I don't know if I'll continue running with the dogs. At one stage Tali (the elder dog) just stopped and wouldn't budge. The poor thing was obviously stuffed. He came good after a few seconds, but he really lagged behind for the rest of the run.

I was stuffed after a fair bit of driving and a job interview today, but the evening swim was great. I powered through the first half, and for the second half I even did tumble turns on alternative laps. In the past this has always led to hyperventilation, but it didn't effect me tonight. I'll work more tumble turns into my swims in the future.

The interview was a bit disappointing. What I thought would be a reasonably interesting 3 month job with good prospects of permanent work turned out to be a boring five week job with some chance of further temporary work. On the plus side, I interviewed very well, and I'll still take the job if I get it

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the job isn't what you were after but I'm glad you felt good about the interview...the perfect job is around the corner and this interview was good practise. Reminds me of something Sparkie said in another thread "Funnily enough - life is a lot like that! You aim for one thing, and something else comes along in its place which is often better than the thing you were aiming for."

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home