Thursday, May 19, 2005

I Hate Breaststroke

Swim Squad, 2.5K Felt good, but it was tough.

Louise (swim squad teacher) was not mucking around when she put together today's program. I was supposed to be:

500m: 100Free/100Back

4 x 50m and 8 x 25 of:
Freestyle
Backstroke
Breaststroke
Alternating kicks and paddles

500m Freestyle

This adds up to 2600m, but I wussed it on the breaststroke. I'm just useless at it. On the positive side, Louise is really happy with the improvement in my Freestyle (but the newly attempted tumble turns are a bit ugly).

On the whole, a tough squad, but I got through it OK.

Now I have to clear up a little confusion. I am not running the SMH half this weekend. I have been very careful about the 10% rule, and it dictates that my long run this weekend be no longer than 18K. I think the confusion was caused by a comment after the 10K on the weekend that now I must do something about my half marathon PB.

I intend to do that something on July 3 at the Gold Coast. Having secured employment I have treated myself to an overnight trip on cheap fares and backpacker accommodation, and I can't wait to have a go at the half and then cheer on the Coolrunners in the big race.

I'd like to thank everyone who has left comments over the last week. It's been a good week made better by that support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bugger! Was looking forward to cheering for you again...oh well...next time.

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home