Wednesday, June 29, 2005

How to make an impression

Tue PM: Swim Squad. 2K, Tough on the arms.
Wed AM: Run, 6K. Unplugged & brisk.

On Monday evening, backing my car out of the parking lot I reversed into another car. A black Saab. I walked back in sheepishly and asked the General Manager if she knew who owned the car. It was her's.

This is not a good way to make an impression in a job I've only been in for three weeks. Luckily there only appears to be a little paintwork damage to her car (a little ding in mine) and she isn't worried about it, so it's all good, but it makes a good story.

Tuesday's Swim Squad was a bit tough. 18 * 50m in decreasing times (1:20, 1:15, 1:10) and then 5 * 200m with a variety of paddles and such. My arms were finished by the end. After the swim I had a dodgy pide for dinner on the way home.

I did a 6K run this morning, 2.5 with dogs and 3.5 without. I think I went out a bit hard after I dropped the dogs home, but I was without HRM or watch, so there is no measurements. I didn't feel great, but this I put down to the aforementioned dodgy pide.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Good luck on Sunday Benny. Look forward to seeing you - and cheering for you - then. J

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good one up there on Sunday Ben. I wont make a prediction, fearless or otherwise - execpt to say without a shadow of a doubt you've done the hard work and glancing at your recent training volume you'll run the distance pretty comfortably and pretty quickly. Hope you enjoy the run, enjoy the result and enjoy the beers, gelato or whatever it is you will be using as reward post race.

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home