Friday, June 17, 2005

Treadmill Intervals and freezing myself

Run: 7.7K in about 40 minutes. Treadmill Intervals 10 x 400m @ 13kph, 200m RI @ 8kph. Incline 2%

Went to bed at 9:30 last night to get up at 4:30 for a treadmill interval session. 2% on the incline to compensate for wind resistance, and I did the 400m efforts at 13kph. My HR got up to 168 on the first effort, and the peak increased slightly with each effort to a maximum of 174. This was a solid session. I don't think I would want to push any harder, but it didn't wreck me for the day. In fact, today was probably the best day I've had at work so far insofar as being alert for the whole day goes.

After the run I had the bright idea of taking the dogs for a 2K cooldown jog, so I headed out straight from the treadmill into the cool morning air.

Let me tell you, when my wet shirt hit that morning air, you could've cut glass with my nipples. It was a mild morning at six degrees, but that was not how I felt - I was bloody cold. It got even worse when I started running and the wind chill set in, but I soon acclimatised, and by the end I was glad I took the dogs out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home