Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tuesday night at Sydenham

Tue PM: Swim Squad, 1.9K, Felt good.
Wed AM: Run, 12K in 71:13. A little nauseous at the end.

Tuesday night saw me back at the Revesby council pool for my first go at their swim squad. There were just four of us who turned up, and by the reaction of the other patrons I reckon they are glad to see me - the squad may be close to being cancelled.

I think the squad teacher is called Gordon - he had lost his voice, so I didn't confirm this on the night. Despite the obvious problems with communication, he seems to be a really good coach. He noticed that I was dropping my elbows during my stroke, and the change to my stroke had my shoulders complaining by the end of the night, but I was happy with the 1.9K covered in the hour. I felt pretty comfortable in the water.

This morning I was back along the river between Sydenham and Canterbury. I'm pretty sure the run was about 12K (I'll check it on the weekend if I remember) and for the most part it was comfortable. I did feel a little nauseous towards the end. I suspect this has been due to dehydration. I'll make a big effort to get at least 2.5L every day this week and I should be right for the long run on Sunday.

Now, having watched an entirely satisfactory State of Origin match (Joey Johns is a champion) I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyne said...

I can't believe how well you're doing Ben, managing to combine training and work with an impossible commute!
Stay healthy and enjoy it.
and drink up!

9:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a busy Ben you are these days! You sure work hard! I don't know how you fit all that in; have a good sleep tonight, stay warm (it's freezing here!) & a good weekend long run.

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home