Monday, June 27, 2005

Wet, Cold, Miserable

Sat AM: Ride, 52K. Horrible.
Sun AM: 14.2K in 1:21. Felt uncomfortable, knee niggled.

The tri club ride really put the turd into Saturday. I got dropped left, right and centre, the magnet fell off my spoke, leaving me without a bike computer and it pissed down, so the two flat tyres in the group that held us up were less breathers and more opportunities to catch pneumonia.

Sunday's run was a bit better. I didn't feel great, but I felt slightly bad for the whole run - it didn't get worse. One element of concern is the ITB has been tight for days and the knee was a bit niggly throughout the run.

I've been icing and stretching a bit, but it's difficult to fit it in more than twice a day.

So the course of action to get me through from here is:

- Two days without a run. Tonight is an unscheduled rest day.
- Voltaren gel twice a day until Sunday.
- A sports massage, booked for Thursday night.

This should see me through until Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyne said...

Sorry to hear about the ride on Saturday Ben. Losing the magnet probably put the icing on the cake ~ everything looks bleak then. Being cold and wet is the pits.

You have done really well the last couple of weeks, you can afford to have plenty of rest and positive thoughts!

Hang in there!

7:46 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your crap ride on Saturday and I'm sorry to hear that your ITB is a little problematic at the moment. My fingers are crossed for you - stay positive and I will see you on Sunday. J

8:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home