Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Hard Arsed Hills of Kurmond

Ride 35K in ?? Avge Speed 25K. A hard hilly bastard of a ride.

I think I am not yet fully recovered from last Sunday.

The tri club decided to do the Kurmond loop this morning, a 35K ride on the edge of the mountains. I've done this ride a few times before, and it's never been comfortable, but this morning it was a killer. My chest felt a bit tight throughout the entire back end of the ride, and I just struggled. We got to a roundabout about 20K in, and the rest of the guys decided to take a deviation to add one extra hill.

"You must be f@#&ing kidding" was the phrase that went through my head, so I took the shortcut on my own, and had a breather while the others caught up. A painful ride back into Windsor and a major display of the sin of gluttony at the cafe and I felt a bit better.

Last night was Coolrunning drinks. Another awesome night with excellent company. Much discussion of the Gold Coast, and as The Owl noted in her blog, many hugs.

This reminds me of a former work colleague who I hadn't seen eye to eye with professionally many years ago. We both got pissed at drinks after work one night, and he said "I want to repair our professional relationship". I gave him a bear hug. We started a tradition of giving each other a bear hug every time we saw each other - at work and socially, and we remain good friends to this day. And the tradition continues.

And ten points to O'Runner, who correctly identified the company by whom I am employed via the clues I have left on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home