Friday, July 01, 2005

Medicos, Massages and Meals

No training since last update.

My home internet connection is still down, so I'm doing a quick pre Gold Coast update from work.

I haven't trained since Wednesday morning. Last night I had a deep tissue massage from Jason Pilgrim, another Hawkesbury Tri club member.

Geez it hurt. It was a full hour of getting both legs pummelled, particularly the left. For this reason I left this morning's run for tonight. I'll do a short little 3K effort tonight, with canine company to make sure I don't go too hard.

The week had been a huge one. I've had two doctors visits in Castle Hill, my Dad's birthday dinner in Leichhardt and the sports massage in Richmond since Tuesday, and I've hit the wall this afternoon. With no ride tomorrow, my intention is to have a lie in tomorrow morning. My flight isn't until 6 or 7 PM, so there's no rush. I'll have a little jog about midday.

Quick depression update post doctor's appointment: What depression? I'll go back and see him in a few months time to wean off the medication if all goes well.

I'd normally leave "Good Luck" messages on a bunch of blogs before a race like this, but being internet limited at the moment, I'll do it here: good luck to all fellow runners attempting events on the weekend! I look forward to cheering on the marathoners and catching up with you all afterwards.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyne said...

I realise that you won't read this for a while, but I am really proud of you and wish that I too was going to the Gold Coast to catch up with you (and fellow Cool Runners)!

No harm at all in having a few easier days, even if the pummelling was hard work! Isn't it amazing how time and energy consuming doctor's appointments and social activities (even pleasant ones) are? So inconvenient getting in the way of training!

Have a great time at the GC - more important that results. I look forward to reading your reports (when you have time)

8:54 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

Good luck today Benny. I hope you continue in your recent good form and enjoy a memorable run.

4:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home