Friday, July 15, 2005

Tredmill Intervals and a Plan

Fri AM: Run, Treadmill Intervals, 2.5K w/up, 10 * 400m @ 13kph, 200m rest @ 8kph. 2% incline

The standard treadmill interval session. It's pretty difficult to extricate my body from bed at 4:30AM on Friday. I did the warmup with the dogs (around the park - not on the treadmill) and then headed inside to do the efforts on the treadmill. Nothing too special - the HR hit 170 after the last effort.

The frostbite is slowly abating and the ITB is behaving, but I'm going through a slight flat spot with my motivation. Not too bad, just the standard thing in the aftermath of an event your really prepared for.

I've taken an easy week, and I think I might frame the next few weeks around a quick C2S time.

A few people have asked me "what next?" since Gold Coast, and the fact that I'm not focussed on it is probably leading to the flat spot, so here is the plan:

14/8 - City 2 Surf
21/8 - Hidden Half (social run)
3/9 - Striders 10K, North Head
1/10 - Striders 10K, Homebush Bay

If there be a Central Coast Half-Marathon in December, this will be the year's final 1:50 attempt.

And then maybe a step back up to 42.2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home